viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2014

Third week

What I saw.

October 27th, 2014.

Some children have missed that week, and the group was reduced to 15; however, those who  assisted at classes came with expectations every time. Also, Josue is learning to moderate his behavior. Also, we tried to encourage that the most quiet children were part in the activities.  

The topic was: Clothes.

 The group number one, presented good interaction and classroom management. I noticed that children had fun when they were watching the video and singing the song. Besided that, children knew how to spell. Moreover, teacher Fatima's part was really good when children got dress, it was really entertaining and I saw children's faces that they were enjoying it. On the other hand, members of the group to which I belong have presented a breakthrough, I noticed that many things have improved thanks to the comments of our colleagues made us. Susan and yuri's activity were enjoyable. As well the group one, we had good interaction and classroom management with children. 

 October 28th,2014.

The topics were: Parts of the body and Preposition of place.

That day both grops did a good job. It was a little hard when Brenda was in the presentation part. Eventhough, we did not teach grammar. It was a challenge using question Do you have___? Yes, I do/ No, I don’t. Does he/she/it___have? Yes, she does. /No she doesn’t. After, they repeated more than twice they got it. Moreover, children have presented a good progress now they follow instruction in full English, they understand questions and some of them tried to apply the vocabulary acquired so far.


 Things that I did.

 I tried to call children's attention. So, I say "hello" aloud. It was effective because I got their eyes on me. Before I started with my part of the lesson. I was talking with my classmate and we decided that it would be better to give them the instructions before we gave the material because if we gave the material and later the instruction they will not pay attention. After that, I remember that I asked them to write 6 items of clothing in their bingo chart. It took them to much time to write it. Thus, I decided to wrote in my bingo chart that was pasted on the board as an example of what they had to do. I think that the first try was failed because they only copied what had written; however, on the second try by themselves they chose the own items of clothing from the rope to complete their charts. In addition, I put 3 paper color under the stamps of  3 children. One of that paper was in Naomi's stamp. She tried to hide the paper, but it didn't work. Eventually she ended up being a volunteer in an activity in order to encourage her.


Things that should improve.

According to my classmates, I should practice more to give instructions. Also , if I want to ask them something I should write the question on the board or pasted on it because they are able to read. In general, we have to play with the volume of their voice when they repeat a phrase or answer questions and avoid that they yell. Also, start to confiscate objects that are not part of the material in the class.

Case of study.
That day, Andrea was less shy, more relax, and she started to interact with her classmates. However, in her cognitive area she was not able to Identify yet the preposition of place: this, these, that and those.  On the other side, the worksheets about clothing and pets she answered them correctly.  Beside that, Andrea was always focus on what teachers were saying.  

 

 







 

 







No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario