October 20th & 21st, 2014.
The topics for that week were: The alphabet, Days of the week, school objects, and This and That.

Things that I saw.
I noticed that this day four children were missing. Nevertheless, the ones who came at class participated in every activity that both groups have prepared for them. They really enjoyed the bottle game, they played it once and again. On the other hand, that day children were calmer when they were developing some activities, but I realized that when there are physical activities they tend to lose a little bit the control.The following day, the groups 3 and 4 had their first teaching practicum. Teachers presented good interaction with children. Good volume of voice and classroom management. On the other hand, children performed very well the activities and could realize that they are spontaneous if they do not how to pronounce a word in English they invented. That happened when Yaneli asked them "how do you say tijera in English?", a child said, " tijer" instead of scissor. Everybody knew that children are very creative and have a lot imagination.
Things that I did.

In that occasion I was responsible for developing the presentation of the topic: days of the week. I confess I was really nervous when I asked them Who knows the days of the week in English? I didn't expect that they answer was a deep silent. However, I start to list the day of the week from one two seven. Then, I paste them on the board. Later, two question were pasted on the white board (What day is today? and What is your favorite day? ). First, I answered those question and later children has to do it, but they were confused at the beginning. In English the first day is Sunday; so, when I asked them what day is today? they answered Sunday instead of Monday. I repeat it once and again until they got it.
Things that I should improve
The first thing that I should improve is, to look for another place to paste the material and do not cover it the one that is already pasted. Second thing that I should improve, to invite children to speak louder because this time I moved many times where they were sit to hear their answers; so, next time I will encourage them to say their answer louder. Third thing that I should improve, when I feel nervous, I will breath and I will try to not look at my professor. I will focus my eyes on my students.Case of study.
Andrea is in early childhood. Andrea is a shy girl and she did not interact easily with others, she just talked with her relatives (Nelson and Oscar); nevertheless, that reaction could change while time pass. According to physical stage, at this age children become more refined in their fine and motor skills. Andrea has demonstrated good control of her skills. She participated in the warm up. If it is a song, she sang; if it required any movement, she did. Also, she was one of the only ones that said "good afternoon." She tried to use some expression studied in the previous class.

No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario