viernes, 14 de noviembre de 2014

First week

October 13th, 2014.

 The Diagnostic class. 

I believe that all of us were anxious to meet the ones whose going to be our students. On the one hand, some children are very energetic it could be a challenge to do not lose the control and keep them working. Something in favor, is that children have previous knowledge in vocabulary such as fruits, pets, and numbers. About the work that my classmates performed were really good. I liked the way Yaneli taught because children were focus in the activity.  On the other hand, the place where we were teaching tend to distract children because in many time I saw that they liked to watch through the windows. In general, children performed  very well  each activity that my classmates prepared for them. 


October 14th, 2014.

 I will start saying the things that I saw. In general Miriam's team did a good job. I like the warm up's part in which they tried to sing the song. The visual material were very good, that attracted children's attention. However, in both group there were moments in which children were distracted and I saw expression of what can I do to to keep them calm? In addition, it was our first class and I considered that every colleague did their work very well. At the end, in a 80% children performed well each activity that both groups have been created for them.  


Now, I will say the things that I did. 



Well, in the warm up I tried to call every students to make a circle, but just few students have already eaten their snack. I started to sing the Bingo's song and they tried to follow me; however at the beginning I didn't have success, but at the end they got it. Also, they made every movements while I was singing the song. On the other hand, in the wrap up I invited them to have a sit. then, I showed them some flash card and I asking them which personal pronoun match with the picture. at the beginning only the first line responded it, but instead of that all students say the pronoun I did the mimic that I didn't heard their answers. After that, all students say aloud the pronoun that match with the picture that I showed them. It means that they got what my colleagues taught them. 



Lastly, I would like to mention what I should improve. 
 I should verify that all students have already eaten their snack before I start an activity because in the warm up some students were eating and it didn't let them participate in a 100% in the activity. Also, it could be dangerous because someone might suffocate when they were drinking the juice and singing the Bingo's song. So, next time I'll be more careful about it.
 










My case of study


She is a pretty little girl whose name is Andrea Yamileth Preza Lopéz. She is 7 years old. She lives with her parents, her older sister, and her twin brother. Andrea lives in San José Guayabal. Andrea is a shy and quite girl. That's why I decided to work with her and see her progress in the classes. 

In the Diagnostic class Andrea was one of the girl that participated in all the activities. She was not the most energetic, but she was really focus on what teachers were doing for them. In the second day, Andrea as well many of her classmates were a little lost because this day we started the class full English; however, she tried to repeat in a low way when teacher emphasize to repeat. I have the opportunity to talk to Andrea and she told me that she knows to count the numbers up to twenty, but not in order. In addition, when she came to class the second day, she was one of the children who said "Hello teacher." 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario