As future
teachers we know that teaching is not just stand in front of the students and
talk. Teaching is also an act or experience that has a formative effect on the
mind, character or physical ability of an individual. Our movements,
expressions and tone of voice make a class to be more entertaining but
sometimes the scenic fear prevents people to perform better. We have had the
opportunity to participate in a workshop two days to learn Corporal Expression,
and Techniques for public speaking.
The first day.
Before, the workshop start, I was nervous. Also, I was wondering what kind of activitities we are
going to do and who is going to be the instructor. However, each question had its answer while the workshop was developed. The objective of the workshop was to lose the fear and put aside the prejudices. We performed several activities that involved the expression of the body but I could say that I feel really impressed of myself in the activity where we read the answer at the question that the instrunstor has asked us. I noticed that almost everybody passed to the front and they were placed in the same place. Moreover, one of my classmates had the same name of the thing that I wrote for the question who am I? I was thinking what I can do to be a different star.
Before, the workshop start, I was nervous. Also, I was wondering what kind of activitities we are
going to do and who is going to be the instructor. However, each question had its answer while the workshop was developed. The objective of the workshop was to lose the fear and put aside the prejudices. We performed several activities that involved the expression of the body but I could say that I feel really impressed of myself in the activity where we read the answer at the question that the instrunstor has asked us. I noticed that almost everybody passed to the front and they were placed in the same place. Moreover, one of my classmates had the same name of the thing that I wrote for the question who am I? I was thinking what I can do to be a different star.
After the workshop, I can tell that each activity was significant and at the end I had a compromise with myself and do not forget who I am and How I see myself as a teacher.




Hello Carla,
ResponderBorrarI really liked to read your experience during the first workshop day because I have made a reflection about the importance of the corporal expression in the English classes. I consider that the teacher’s movements, expressions and the appropriate tone of voice make a class very entertaining, so students are enjoying while they are learning. Therefore, it is essential for a teacher to use the corporal expression because in that way the teacher will transmit the energy to students, and they will feel happy to be in the class learning English. In addition, the students will be paying attention during the class. However, many times teachers really want to be expressive and they want to use corporal movements to students (especially kindergarten students), but the problem is that they have scenic fear and as you said “the scenic fear prevents people to perform better.” Hence, I consider this work shop has been very significant because we have learned that it is very important for us as future teachers to lose the scenic fear and to show the shiny star that every single human has inside.
Hello Carla,
ResponderBorrarI really liked to read your experience during the first workshop day because I have made a reflection about the importance of the corporal expression in the English classes. I consider that the teacher’s movements, expressions and the appropriate tone of voice make a class very entertaining, so students are enjoying while they are learning. Therefore, it is essential for a teacher to use the corporal expression because in that way the teacher will transmit the energy to students, and they will feel happy to be in the class learning English. In addition, the students will be paying attention during the class. However, many times teachers really want to be expressive and they want to use corporal movements to students (especially kindergarten students), but the problem is that they have scenic fear and as you said “the scenic fear prevents people to perform better.” Hence, I consider this work shop has been very significant because we have learned that it is very important for us as future teachers to lose the scenic fear and to show the shiny star that every single human has inside.